Gwen Bryant serves as the leader of HoganTaylor’s Employee Benefit Plan practice, one of the largest in the Oklahoma/Northwest Arkansas region. The practice provides audit services to more than 100 defined benefit and contribution plans, including 401(k), 11K, 403(b), ESOP, and health and welfare plans, and also prepares more than 350 Form 5500s annually.
Gwen has nearly 20 years of experience in public accounting, specializing in audits of employee benefit plans. She is experienced in working with various retirement plans of all sizes, from start-up plans to those with more than $500 million in assets. She also has served privately held companies in many industries, including not-for-profit, architectural/engineering, manufacturing, distribution, transportation and retail.
Gwen is a 1997 Summa Cum Laude graduate of the University of Arkansas (B.S.B.A. degree in Accounting). Gwen is a presenter and committee member of the AICPA’s National Conference on Employee Benefit Plans. Gwen is a member of the AICPA and the Arkansas and Oklahoma Societies of Certified Public Accountants.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Arkansas Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA), member
- Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA), member
- BDO Employee Benefit Plan Alliance Community, Steering Committee member
- Tulsa Employee Benefits Group, member
- Northwest Arkansas Human Resources Association, member
- Leadership Benton County, Steering Committee member, 2009 to 2014
- Leadership Benton County, Graduate, 2008
- Rotary International, member
- B.S.B.A. in Accounting, The University of Arkansas, Summa Cum Laude
- HoganTaylor’s Annual Employee Benefit Plan Update, “Definition of Compensation,” Nov. 2014
- AICPA National Conference on Employee Benefit Plans, “Audit Project Management”, “Definition of Compensation” and “Ask the Experts”, May 2014
- Oklahoma Society of Human Resource Management’s State Conference, “Common Errors and How to Avoid Them: Your Fiduciary Duties in Relation to Employee Benefit Plans”, May 2014
- Southwest Benefits Association, “Preparing for a DOL Audit: What Plan Administrators Need to Know”, Oklahoma City, March 2014,
- Employee Benefit Plan Compliance Update, 2012, Northwest Arkansas Human Resources Association and Tulsa Employee Benefit Group, presenter
- Presenter of “Fiduciary Responsibilities,” Arkansas State Human Resources Management Conference, 2011
- Employee Benefit Plan Compliance Seminar, 2010 and 2011, Oklahoma State Council for Human Resource Management, Q&A Expert Panel
- Employee Benefit Plan Compliance Seminar, 2011, Northwest Arkansas Human Resources Association, Q&A Expert Panel