Jeff is an assurance partner located in HoganTaylor’s Oklahoma City office. He has more than 19 years experience providing financial statement audit, audit of internal controls, SEC reporting and compliance, and other attestation services. In addition, Jeff assists owners, executive management, and audit committees of private and public companies in addressing their business and financial accounting and reporting needs.
Jeff has provided accounting, internal control, and business advice to both publicly traded and privately held domestic and international companies in accordance with PCAOB requirements and U.S. GAAP. He has extensive experience with companies in a broad range of industries with particular emphasis in energy, manufacturing, insurance, media/communications, and not-for-profits. His audit experience includes SEC filings, carve-out financial statements, component audits, and regulatory compliance reporting. He has an understanding of SEC rules and regulations and has been involved in numerous acquisitions and debt and equity offerings.
Jeff has served several complex audits for clients in a variety of industries. Core strengths and accomplishments include:
- Managed audit teams responsible for auditing four public companies ranging in size from large accelerated filers to smaller reporting entities
- Advised businesses and organizations dealing with complex or non-routine transactions such as business acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings, debt modifications, and equity awards to employees
- Coordinated with client personnel across all functions in order to understand the business and effectively plan and execute audits
- Identified and communicated with CFO and controller on technical accounting issues impacting the client and industry
In addition to his client service responsibilities, Jeff leads HoganTaylor’s revenue recognition implementation team and also serves on HoganTaylor’s accounting and auditing technical resources committee. Jeff has also conducted numerous internal quality reviews designed to ensure audit and attestation services were provided in accordance with firm and professional standards.
Prior to joining HoganTaylor in 2012, Jeff was an Assurance Senior Manager with KPMG where he served key roles on numerous large public and private companies.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Member
- Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA), Member
- OSCPA Oil and Gas Committee, Member
- Oklahoma Independent Petroleum Association (OIPA), Member
- Oklahoma Business Ethics Consortium
- United Way of Central Oklahoma, Allocation Committee Member
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- OSCPA’s Trailblazer Award, 2014 Honoree
- B.A., Accounting, University of Oklahoma