Phil has more than 45 years of experience in the areas of taxation, including tax compliance reporting, planning and consulting. Over the course of his career, he has assisted clients over a broad diversity of industries, including health care, nonprofit organizations, construction, and real estate firms, as well as providing assistance to high net worth families, estates and trusts, multi-state income tax filings, and pass-through entities.
Phil joined Hogan Taylor January 1, 2018, through a merger with JPMS Cox, PLLC, in Little Rock, Arkansas. He was also previously with Deloitte for twenty one years.
- Assists business and individual clients before the Internal Revenue Service and various state tax authorities covering a wide range of examinations in income tax returns.
- Provides tax planning and consulting services to high net worth individuals and closely-held business enterprises.
- Works with clients and legal counsel to provide tax efficient structuring for potential merger, sale, and acquisition transactions, including exit planning for owners of private companies desiring to retire.
CERTIFICATIONS & HONORS
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Lifetime Achievement Award in Accounting, Arkansas Business, 2013
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Arkansas Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA), member
- Baptist Health, Board of Trustees, member and former Chair
- Delta Dental of Arkansas, Board of Trustees, member
- Arkansas Arts Center, Board of Trustees, former member and Treasurer
- Rotary Club of Little Rock, member and former Treasurer
- Bachelor’s degree, Arkansas State University, with Honors