Richard has more than 23 years of experience providing accounting and assurance services to Oklahoma companies. His experience includes both large and small companies in a variety of industries, including nonprofit, financial services, manufacturing/distribution, architectural/engineering and government contracting.
Richard currently serves as HoganTaylor’s Managing Partner for the Oklahoma City office and is a member of the Firm’s Nonprofit and Financial Institution practice groups.
Richard has extensive experience serving the nonprofit community, including private universities, foundations, museums, health and welfare organizations, associations and international humanitarian organizations. He advises nonprofit clients on accounting and financial reporting matters, proper corporate governance, internal control best practices, fraud and forensic investigations, and mergers and acquisitions.
Richard also serves financial institutions, including credit unions and community banks. He has broad experience in internal audit, risk management and compliance matters, as well as internal control assessments and lending reviews.
In addition to his experience at HoganTaylor, Richard previously served as the Director of Internal Audit for a large Oklahoma City financial institution.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce, Advisory Board
- Oklahoma State Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Oklahoma Venture Forum, Board Member
- United Way of Central Oklahoma Campaign Committee, Member
- University of Central Oklahoma Accounting Department, Advisory Board
Education & Certifications
- B.S. in Accounting, University of Central Oklahoma
- M.B.A., Oklahoma City University
- Certified Public Accountant
Speaking Engagements & Articles
- Accounting Update – HoganTaylor Accounting and Auditing Update
- Presenter – HoganTaylor’s “Take 5” Nonprofit Seminar
- Contributor to HoganTaylor Nonprofit Newsletter
- Accounting Update – Oklahoma Conference on Nonprofit Law and Finance