Randa Vernon, CPA
DOWNLOAD BIO PDF
6120 S. Yale, Ste. 1200, Tulsa, OK 74136
Randa Vernon joined HoganTaylor’s assurance practice in 2001 and was made partner in 2005. Previously with Arthur Andersen LLP, Randa has over 18 years experience providing audit and accounting services to area clients. She has served publicly held and privately held companies in many industries including distribution, manufacturing, transportation and retail.
She currently serves as HoganTaylor’s Assurance Division Leader, as well as Employee Benefit Plan Practice leader having worked with clients in that area of practice for much of her career. The EBP practice group is the largest in the region and provides services to approximately 100 401K, 403B, Voluntary Employee Benefit, Employee Stock Ownership and Taft-Hartley Plans. The group has an outstanding record of on-time delivery; every one of the 100 plan audits and 200 Form 5500 filings were completed on time last year, a testament to Randa’s leadership.
Randa also serves as the engagement partner on several of the Firm’s SEC clients.
- Performs procedures in conjunction with SEC filings (10k, 10q, 11k, S-1 & S-3 forms)
- Performs ERISA compliance procedure
- Oversees audits and reviews of non-public companies
- Oversees engagements for agreed upon procedures
- Certified Public Accountant
- OSCPA Trailblazer, 2010
- University of Tulsa, Beta Alpha Psi, School of Accounting Faculty, Distinguished Alumnus Award
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Tulsa Chapter of the Oklahoma Society of CPA’s, Member
- Former Treasurer and Board Member, Youth Services of Tulsa
- Member, Tulsa Advocates for the Rights of Children with Development Disabilities
- Leadership Tulsa, Class of 29
- B.S. and B.A., Accounting, University of Tulsa, Cum Laude
Speaking Engagements/Published Articles
- Presenter, Tulsa Employee Benefits Group, “Preparing for Employee Benefit Plan Audits”
- Organizer & Presenter, HoganTaylor Employee Benefit Plan Administrators’ Educational Seminar, 2010 and 2011