Erika and Chris Lucas are the founders and owners of StitchCrew, a business accelerator that links entrepreneurs and new companies to capital, resources, and social networks to assist in the development of Oklahoma’s innovation economy.
StitchCrew is a founder-first organization that was born out of an understanding that nobody builds a company alone. They believe that the fastest way to close wealth gaps and achieve economic mobility is by increasing the participation of traditionally overlooked entrepreneurs.
In this episode, Erika and Chris discuss what it takes to build a strong entrepreneurial community, StitchCrew’s partnership with the Oklahoma City Thunder, and the struggles founders often face as they work to turn their vision into a reality.
- Thunder Launchpad – https://www.nba.com/thunder/corporate-news/launchpad-190307
- “Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation grant to bring StitchCrew business accelerator to Tulsa” – Tulsa World – https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/lobeck-taylor-family-foundation-grant-to-bring-stitchcrew-business-accelerator/article_36c28dad-2a6b-545f-8193-e960b0e71bdc.html
- StitchCrew Mentors – https://www.stitchcrew.com/mentors
- “4 Ways Working With My Husband Improved Our Relationship” by Erika Lucas – https://www.stitchcrew.com/single-post/2019/01/04/4-Ways-Working-With-My-Husband-Improved-Our-Relationship
- StitchCrew Accelerator and Innovation Partners – https://www.stitchcrew.com/accelerator
- “Nobody Builds Companies Alone (Why We Do It)” StitchCrew – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulZYP4Lbpyw
This episode is now on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Stitcher, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can also listen via the podcast player embedded above.
Make sure to subscribe to “How That Happened” to receive our latest episodes, learn more about our guests, and collect resources on how to better run your business.