Denise Felber has more than 30 years of experience serving clients in the trucking and insurance industries, those who are controlled foreign corporations, trusts/estates, multi-state wholesalers and pass-through entities, in addition to those who have significant domestic and foreign oil & gas investments.
In addition to compliance reporting, she works with clients in an integrated planning approach which includes succession planning, investment management, business structures and coordination of the planning with other professional service providers. In addition to her client relationships, she is the partner in-charge of the technical resource group which tracks tax legislation and releases and develops presentations and articles regarding such matters.
She is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Oklahoma Society of Public Accountants. Denise has published numerous articles and spoken on subjects including budgeting, the health care act and tax legislation.
Prior to joining HoganTaylor, Denise worked in national, regional and local CPA firms. She’s also served as a director of reporting for a national insurance company and controller of a manufacturing facility, both of which have provided her with a valuable client-centered perspective.
- Analyzed current law changes to determine the effect of the changes on client’s planning regarding benefits, compensation, capital expenditures, cash flow and taxes.
- Participated in seminars with other professionals to present information to the business community regarding health care legislation, deferred compensation and employee benefits.
- Counseled collectively to restructure a multi-state business within a 45 day period in response to specific need of the client.
- Developed databases to accumulated reporting information and requirements for both a multi-state insurance client and internally for tracking client filings and information.
- Assisted with planning of succession of ownership and earnings distributions of a controlled foreign corporation and its United States subsidiaries.
- Identified savings opportunities for clients with duplicate fees and holdings.
- Implemented a cost accounting system to track cost additions to work in process, by unit, for a manufacturing facility and developed the process to record information reflected in the reports to the financial reporting
- Registered Investment Advisor SEC
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants
- The Tristesse Grief Center, Board Member
- B.S. Accounting, Oklahoma State University
- University of Arkansas CPE event, December 2018
- Joint Tax Bill Update, Stockholder meeting, Trucking Company, February 2018
- Interview with Quarterly Business Journal & the Tulsa World regarding the tax act, January 2018
- Updates and Insights, HoganTaylor Client Seminar, December 2017
- Updates and Insights, HoganTaylor Client Seminar, December 2017
- 2017 Tax Act, Tulsa Tax Club, December 2017
- Partnership Tune Up-Planning with New Rules, HoganTaylor Client Seminar, Dec 2016
- Minding your P’s and Q’s (to save on taxes), HoganTaylor Client Seminar, December 2015
- Minding your P’s and Q’s (to save on taxes), IMA Benton County, December 2015
- The Effect of Healthcare Reform on Business, Leadership Benton County Arkansas, November 2015
- ACA – 5 year update, Tulsa Employee Benefits group, May 2015
- “The Letter Arrives: Identity Theft”, Kiwanis, April 2015
- Problem Solvers, Channel 2 Works for You, Tulsa, February 2015
- Tax Law Planning, HoganTaylor Client Seminar, December 2014
- ACA Update, F & M, presenter, April 2014
- Gallagher-ACA Forms, Gallagher, April 2014
- ACA Penalties, Tulsa Tax Club, February 2014
- ACA and Tax Update, HoganTaylor Seminar, December 2013
- Taxes and You, ORU Accounting Group, February 2013
- Leadership Benton County Arkansas, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Tax Presentation and Update, IMA Tulsa Chapter, January 2011 and February 2013
- BDO/HoganTaylor Year-End Tax and Accounting Update, December 2012
- Health Care, OSCPA PFP Conference, November 2012
- Investments and You, OSPCA Women’s Conference, October 2010
- Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance Annual Conference, September 2010
- New Health Care Act, Oklahoma Alliance, September 2010
- New Health Care Act Presentations, August 2010 (4)
- Healthcare Legislative Reform Business Forum, July 2010
- Federal Tax Update, presenter, November 2011
- First Year Experience, TU MBA, 2008
- First Year Experience, University of Arkansas, 2007
- Here we go again- Another New Tax Bill for Christmas, HoganTaylor Website Tax Alert, December 2019
- Stats Provided By The IRS Commissioner Regarding changes generated by the 2017 Tax Act and More Information Required To Be Reported With Your Return, two articles, HoganTaylor Website Tax Alert, November 2019
- 2018 year end planning for individuals, losses and businesses (3 separate articles), HoganTaylor Website Tax Alert, December 2018
- Qualified Business Deduction: An Introduction HoganTaylor Website Tax Alert, December 2018
- HT Update Regarding the 2017 Tax Act, HoganTaylor Website Tax Alert, August 2018
- Preview of the Postcard Return, HoganTaylor Website Tax Alert, June 2018
- Maybe .. you can deduct the interest on your home equity loan, HoganTaylor Website Tax Alert, February 2018
- 2017 Tax Act and Tax Extender Bill, Tax Alert, HoganTaylor Website, February 2018
- If Tax Law Changes were a Horse Race,HoganTaylor Website Tax Alert, November 2017
- Information for New Business Owners, HoganTaylor Website Tax Alert, June 2017
- Oklahoma Budget Issues Impact Tax Reporting, HoganTaylor Website Tax Alert, June 2017
- Advice for Entities Filing Forms 1065, HoganTaylor Website Tax Alert, May 2017
- Small employer health reimbursement accounts, HoganTaylor Website Tax Alert, Dec 2016
- A New Form Letter from the IRS to Employers, HoganTaylor Website, Tax Alert July 2016
- One More Thing-New Overtime Rules, HoganTaylor Website, Article June 2016
- Protecting American from Tax Hikes Act, HoganTaylor Website, Article 2015
- IRS Notice Issued November 24, 2015 (Increase in Safe Harbor Expensing), HoganTaylor Website, article, December 2015
- New Forms for 2015 Reporting, HoganTaylor Website, September 2015
- Your Business and the Trade Bill, HoganTaylor Website, article, July 2015
- Four Months Past Expiration and Tax planning, HoganTaylor website, April 2015
- Nonprofit Tax Changes, HoganTaylor Website, article, July 2014
- Oklahoma Tax Changes for 2014, HoganTaylor Website, article, February 2014
- Myra Article, HoganTaylor Website, January 2014
- Buy, Buy, Buy–Asset Purchases, HoganTaylor Website, article, September 2013
- Ready to Think About Tax Planning?, HoganTaylor Website, article, July 2013
- Contribution Article, HoganTaylor Website, February 2013
- New Tax Picture w/example surtax, HoganTaylor Website, article, January 2013
- Foreign Asset Reporting, HoganTaylor Internal Seminar, presenter, December 2012
- 2013 Is Going To Be Expensive, HoganTaylor Website, article, July 2012
- You Don’t Have To Be Rich, HoganTaylor Website, article, July 2012
- Two Forms That Don’t Generate Tax But Can Cause Massive Penalties, HoganTaylor Website,
- article, June 2012
- A Penny Saved, Article For Vintage Magazine, August 2010
- New Health Care Act, HoganTaylor Internal Seminar, presenter, April 2010, May 2010