Denise Felber has more than 30 years of experience serving clients in the trucking and insurance industries, those who are controlled foreign corporations, trusts/estates, multi-state wholesalers and pass-through entities, in addition to those who have significant domestic and foreign oil & gas investments.
In addition to compliance reporting, she works with clients in an integrated planning approach which includes succession planning, investment management, business structures and coordination of the planning with other professional service providers. In addition to her client relationships, she is the partner in-charge of the technical resource group which tracks tax legislation and releases and develops presentations and articles regarding such matters.
She is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Oklahoma Society of Public Accountants. Denise has published numerous articles and spoken on subjects including budgeting, the health care act and tax legislation.
Prior to joining HoganTaylor, Denise worked in national, regional and local CPA firms. She’s also served as a director of reporting for a national insurance company and controller of a manufacturing facility, both of which have provided her with a valuable client-centered perspective.
- Analyzed current law changes to determine the effect of the changes on client’s planning regarding benefits, compensation, capital expenditures, cash flow and taxes.
- Participated in seminars with other professionals to present information to the business community regarding health care legislation, deferred compensation and employee benefits.
- Counseled collectively to restructure a multi-state business within a 45 day period in response to specific need of the client.
- Developed databases to accumulated reporting information and requirements for both a multi-state insurance client and internally for tracking client filings and information.
- Assisted with planning of succession of ownership and earnings distributions of a controlled foreign corporation and its United States subsidiaries.
- Identified savings opportunities for clients with duplicate fees and holdings.
- Implemented a cost accounting system to track cost additions to work in process, by unit, for a manufacturing facility and developed the process to record information reflected in the reports to the financial reporting
- Registered Investment Advisor SEC
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants
- The Tristesse Grief Center, Board Member
- B.S. Accounting, Oklahoma State University
- Minding your P’s and Q’s (to save on taxes), IMA Benton County, presenter December 2015
- Minding your P’s and Q’s (to save on taxes), HoganTaylor Client Seminar, presenter, December 2015
- The Effect of Healthcare Reform on Business, Leadership Benton County Arkansas, presenter, November 2015
- ACA – 5 year update, Tulsa Employee Benefits group, presenter, May 2015
- “The Letter Arrives: Identity Theft”, Kiwanis, presenter, April 2015
- Problem Solvers, Channel 2 Works for You, Tulsa, February 2015
- Tax Law Planning, HoganTaylor Client Seminar, December 2014
- ACA Update, F & M Bank, April 201
- Gallagher-ACA Forms, April 2014
- ACA Penalties, Tulsa Tax Club, February 2014
- ACA and Tax Update, HoganTaylor Seminar, December 2013
- Taxes and You, ORU Accounting Group, February 2013
- Tax Presentation and Update, IMA Tulsa Chapter, January 2011 and February 2013
- Leadership Benton County Arkansas, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- BDO/HoganTaylor Year End Tax and Accounting Update, December 2012
- New Health Care Act Presentations to client and community, August 2010 (4)
- Investments and You, OSPCA Women’s Conference, October 2010
- Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance Annual Conference, September 2010
- New Health Care Act, Oklahoma Alliance, September 2010
- Healthcare Legislative Reform Business Forum, July 2010
- New Health Care Act, HoganTaylor Internal Seminar, April 2010, May 2010
- First Year Experience, TU MBA program, 2008
- First Year Experience, University of Arkansas, 2007
- IRS Notice Issued November 24, 2015 (Increase in Safe Harbor Expensing), HoganTaylor Website, article, December 2015
- New Forms for 2015 Reporting, HoganTaylor Website, September 2015
- Your Business and the Trade Bill, HoganTaylor Website, article, July 2015
- Four Months Past Expiration and Tax planning, HoganTaylor website, April 2015
- Nonprofit Tax Changes, hogantaylor.com, July 2014
- Oklahoma Tax Changes for 2014, hogantaylor.com, February 2014
- Myra Article, hogantaylor.com, January 2014
- Buy, Buy, Buy–Asset Purchases, hogantaylor.com, September 2013
- Ready to Think About Tax Planning?, hogantaylor.com, July 2013
- Contributions, hogantaylor.com, February 2013
- New Tax Picture w/example surtax, hogantaylor.com,January 2013
- 2013 Is Going To Be Expensive, hogantaylor.com, July 2012
- You Don’t Have To Be Rich, hogantaylor.com, July 2012
- Two Forms That Don’t Generate Tax But Can Cause Massive Penalties, hogantaylor.com, June 2012
- A Penny Saved, Article For Vintage Magazine, hogantaylor.com, August 2010